Saturday, November 23, 2013

thankful for todays

oh how I love todays! {todays are the bestest} I smiled today when I saw a whole bunch of Caterpillar equipment lined up down our road and I try to be thankful for Cat equipment because that is what brought us to where we are. God used it.  and I smiled on the inside when I walked in from work and the house smelled so good with candles burning and bread baking. I'm really thankful for sweet little girls to babysit and warm little hugs from little boys. and I'm especially liking this day because it was kind of drizzly outside and every once in awhile those days are very welcome! particularly in the south!
And just in case you are all are starting to think my life is perfect. it isn't. because when I walked in from work my feet hurt and I was tired. and I had to remind myself several times today to smile and be thankful. I appreciated that little boy's hug because I wasn't expecting it in my day and it wasn't over dramatized. He was just bubbling with excitement. those are the best hugs! :) and even now as I write this I am looking forward to crashing in my bed. :) But I am still thankful!

Tomorrow is the Lord's Day! a day of rest and I am SO thankful for those days! aren't you?! Blessings upon each of you as you seek HIM tomorrow! :)

  “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.”  
~Mother Teresa
 
:) lyd


No comments: