Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A day in our life...

Our world is alive with spring. Growth is everywhere we look. Lush, green trees and plants abound. {including weeds} Summer is fast approaching and we cling to these cool mornings and breezy evenings. Stepping outside to even weed our garden is a feast to our eyes and refreshing to our spirits. Our hearts are full. God is so good!

Over a year ago Mom & I challenged each other to a joy dare. Each day we look for at least three gifts God has given us. Some days it has been easy. finding a dozen plus gifts. There are some days, though, that are hard. Where it is a challenge to lift my heart up in gratefulness for gifts found in my day. In moments like that, where my attitude stinks and grows slightly depressed, it is then I must make a conscious effort to be grateful. Reminding myself of the goodness of the Lord.
 
"O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill of Mizar.... The Lord will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.... Why are thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
{Psalm 42:6-11}

 
Here are few gifts from our day... 

 {last spring my parents bought Joel, Hannah, and I each a different type of citrus plant. Last year Joel and Hannah each had a few fruits harvested from theirs. This year I have been so excited that I have some growing on mine as well. There are four little green Naval Oranges growing!!!}


 {we pulled this pour sunflower from our garden today. They grow so tall and where we planted them they get in our way.  Rachel decided to try and save it yet and replanted it. I love her tender heart.}

 {roof work. Caleb and Joel were up there most of the day tearing apart the bad sections. In the last couple months we have had leaks in our ceiling causing quite a bit of excitement to our rainy days. Going to fix our leaks once and for all! So grateful for our handy men!}
 Blueberry plants! These are our latest fruits added to our produce! Most of our plants are bearing fruit already in this first year! now to keep the birds away! blueberries are a favorite around here we won't share with our feathered friends too willingly! :)

   "O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted    within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.  {Psalm 43:3-5} 
 {our latest sewing project! Hannah, Dad, and I are so excited to be going to Jamaica later this month. Hannah & I are busily trying to prepare and this was one of our projects for the trip. We knew that while traveling, especially to other countries, it is best to have a bag with a zipper. Neither of us  owned one that was extremely practical for such a trip so we pulled out the sewing machines! :) We looked up and found some handy tutorials on Pinterst, matched some extra fabric laying around,
and TA DA! Can't wait to use them!!!}

 this one is Hannah's! love the popping colors! It turned out so cute! Rachel styled them for our photos! :)
 Rachel has also been working on her own sewing project. She had some extra fabric as well and was inspired to use it for a bag. She did a wonderful job. I love her creativity! :)
Blessings dear ones! I'm sorry for our long absence from this dear old blog. Stay tuned! we have exciting post planned! Hannah will be joining me with posting now.  So excited to share these post updates with her! We have such an exciting summer ahead of us! :)
~Lydia

No comments: